This program was developed in 2009 to assist families with a variety of expenses that can occur in raising an individual with Down syndrome. New Directions wants to be sure that families do not experience unnecessary challenges due to the often high costs of supporting an individual with a disability.
- Travel Assistance for out-of-town appointments
- Medical & Therapy Bills not covered by insurance
- Special Equipment such as glasses, orthotics, hearing aids, etc.
- Prescription Medication not covered by insurance
- Adoption Fees associated with adopting a child with Down syndrome
- Conference Expenses for local and national conferences that will benefit families